Spanish army / Mixed Formation

Home Forums General Discussion Spanish army / Mixed Formation

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Renaud Daulie
    Participant

Hi everyone,

I’m new to this game and would like to build a spanish army, however I’m having trouble figuring out how to build Line et Guard units. It is stated in “Albion Triumphant” that Line and Guard units are composed of three different types of unit Regular Line, Grenadiers and Skirmishers. Those are considered Mixed Units and the rule related to MU states that those units can deploy skirmishers in front of them ; acting as a protective screen. In the unit boxes however there are either Line or Line and Grenadiers but no skirmishers. Am I missing something here ?  Should I consider replacing 1/3 of the unit with skirmishers (Cazadores from portuguese box for example) ?

Thanks for sharing any insights.

Renaud

Nat
    Participant

Sorry dont normally look in the General forum – this sort of thing gets more notice in the Historical /black powder forum.

BUT to answer the question, a battalions skirmishers are just a company (or 2) who are skirmish trained so you’d use the standard models – a comon approach is just to base them individually as opposed to groups like with the rest of the battalion.

Other units like the Cazadores or British rifles would have a different uniforms

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.