Scouting and Radar

Home Forums Historical Victory At Sea Scouting and Radar

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Peter
    Participant

On page twelve (12), under radar it states, “Ships committed to scouting with the Radar trait (see page 22) gain =1to their dice roll and can re-roll their dice” (Sprange).  If one goes to page twenty two (22), there is no mention of this anywhere in the writing. Need to clarify.

Respectfully,

Pete.

Nat
    Participant

In the QSR* page 22 is talking about Scouting in general.  So page 12 says that if you allocate the ship (Cruisers or Destroyer only) to scouting then you gain a +1 to your dice to see if you get a scout point.  Normally this would be a 5+ (the general rule on page 22) but Radar makes it a 4+, and if you dont get it then you can re-roll that dice (as said page 12).

Hope that helps!

I call it a QSR (quick start rules) but the 2 player starter set booklet is pretty much the same as the full rulebook.

Peter
    Participant

Thank you for this clarification. This needs to be written into the rules so players understand the usage.

Nat
    Participant

Would have been better if it was, I agree.

Its (slighty) easier to understand in the full rulebook, because the core is the same as the 2 player book, then submarines are another section, mtbs another, weather & night a 3rd.  They dont go over past rules but are written as additions…..

Theres a reason why I’ve done a 2 page cheat guide to the turn order, 2 pages  for all the shooting modifiers, and another one for flights  :/  They are in the wardroom, when completed I’ll repost them here for people!

Peter
    Participant

I have the full rules. They are not explained there either.

Nat
    Participant

As I said it’s slightly easier to understand as you realise how the books been assembled .. not that it was expanded clearer..

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.