Recommended Vallejo Paints?

Home Forums Historical Victory At Sea Recommended Vallejo Paints?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Chimpy
    Participant

So I’ve got a British and German Fleet assembled. So does anyone have any suggestions what Vallejo colours to paint them?

The Bismarck box suggests 70.990 Light Grey and 70.836 London Grey but I’m not sure whether it is appropriate for other German ships. I’ve got some library books on the way but they won’t have Vallejo colours.

Thanks

Chimpy
    Participant

Here’s a link that I found to Vallejo Colour equivalents:

Link

It’s probably too much information. Now all I need to do is find out which goes where. 🙂

invisible officer
    Participant

The best Book is:  Die Anstriche und Taarnanstriche der Kriegsmarine by Dieter Jung and others.  There you find the corresponding German Marine names from the list linked by you and heaps of originally photos.  Captions are in English too.

I met the authours often, they had been the best experts in Germany. Some are dead now, shows how old I am……… 😉
    <h1 id=”title” class=”a-spacing-none a-text-normal”></h1>

Chimpy
    Participant

Thanks Invisible Officer. I had a search of our local library system but to no avail. I managed to get a copy of German Naval Camouflage Volume Two 1942-45 by Eric Leon & John Asmussen which seems comprehensive.

Speaking of age, I started by playing the Fletcher Pratt rules hand copied from Donald Featherstone’s Naval Wargames because photocopiers weren’t available. 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.