Pr.Sub-Commander

Home Forums Historical Black Powder Pr.Sub-Commander

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Dirk Tietten
    Participant

Hello,i have two questions about the Pr.sub-commander

1. Can i take the sub for  Pr.Landwehr ?

2 Can i make with the sub. Rally orders ? i now follow me orders are OK

Regards   Dirk

Garry Wills
    Participant

Interesting questions, there is nothing in the Clash of Eagles supplement to exclude Landwehr from having a sub-commander. With regard to rally orders, it is interesting that there are two types of order that require the general to be within 12 inches of the unit, Rally and Follow Me. Of these the supplement only mentions Follow Me, so my assumption is that the intention of the author is that sub-commanders can’t issue rally orders. The supplement positions sub-commanders as a way of extending the  command reach of brigade generals without penalty, in that sense they are similar to the marauder special order. It would be interesting to understand the authors thinking.

Having said that I use sub-commanders in some of my scenarios and tend to allow them Rally orders as this is more useful  than follow me. I also think that allowing blunders to only apply to the sub-commander is very generous.

Dirk Tietten
    Participant

Hello,and thanks for the answer

Ich have my problems with the Sub.Special with the Rally and Follow me order.I think the  Sub. is too cheap for this orders.With all other orders like move or change the formation i have no problem.Now you have never problems to have your units in range.Feels like”Super Marauder” for me 🙂  Spezial for Landwehr

Regards Dirk

Garry Wills
    Participant

Dirk

I agree with you about sub commanders being under priced in the supplement, in my scenarios I make them half the cost of the commander.

Garry

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.