Pontoon bridges

Home Forums Historical Black Powder Pontoon bridges

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Martin hutton
    Participant

Hi all . I’m asking if anyone has developed rules for building / repairing bridges or pontoons for the Black Powder rules. ?I’d like to incorporate them into Russia (French)or the Peninsula (British).
    Regards Martin

Charge The Guns
    Participant

Sorry you haven’t had a reply, Martin. It is obviously an under-developed part of our games. Bridging was critically important, and even 16/17th century armies relied on temporary bridging kit. There are lots of opportunities for scenarios around a building a pontoon bridge.

Martin hutton
    Participant

Hi thanks anyway . I’m told there is some stuff in Charles Grants scenario books so I’ll check them out.
    Cheers Martin

Charge The Guns
    Participant

Of course. Great idea. Scenario 22, Pontoon, must be the one. A great idea for a game around building a pontoon bridge, but not many details about the building, damaging and repairing.

Charge The Guns
    Participant

Another thought. (You can tell that this problem has been troubling me greatly!)

One set of rules that I have does cover ‘Pontooners’. It is from another publisher, and the rules are now out of print. If you were to Google “DBR wargames rules” you would probably find a PDF copy 🙂 .

Martin hutton
    Participant

Ok I’ll look that up . Thanks for your input.👍

yeahman
    Participant

I would have a pontoon team.

It sits on the river and starts building.

Each player turn it rolls a d6, requiring a cumulative total of xx to complete the bridge.

Fire on the unit causing hits takes a point of the total per hit each turn.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.