Points costs for Dragoons?

Home Forums Historical Pike & Shotte Points costs for Dragoons?

Tagged: ,

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Scorpio Rocks
    Participant

We have encountered a couple of slight issues when working out points for Dragoons:

a) After 1660 (where they are Battleline units, capable of skirmishing, rather than the earlier Skirmish troops) should they use Cavalry costing rather than Infantry (ie 2 pts / pip of H-to-H rather than 1)?

b) On Page 202 (Points costs for “Special Rules”) under “Dragoon” they get Fire and Evade for free – Further down the table “Fire and Evade” is +2 points. Most Dragoons in the army lists in the main rulebook seem to include these 2 points. Is this correct? shouldn’t they get the ability for free?
    (TYW Swedes p132 seem different?. The values for Dragoons in TKaK are all over the place and dont seem to follow any of the rules???)

Thoughts?

Charge The Guns
    Participant

Hi Scorpio Rocks

No easy answer here. If the points are important to your group then I’d try and agree a system you’re all happy with.

If you’re looking for a strictly mathematical approach I’m not sure you’re going to get there.

May be the discrepancies are an error, maybe they’re a specific buff or penalty to a particular army? I think at best they’re a rough guide.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.