Original Porsche Tiger in Bolt Action

Home Forums Historical Bolt Action Original Porsche Tiger in Bolt Action

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Enquiring_Mind
    Participant

Hi everyone,
    here’s an odd (hypothetical) question, the Porsche version of the original Tiger was the VK4501 Tiger(P). These were mainly converted to Ferdinand Tank Destroyers.

At least one did make it to combat, would you use the same stats as the Henschel Pz VI Tiger?

Also which model would you use? I was looking at the Hollywood Tiger model. How close do you think it is to the Porsche?

Gareth
    Participant

I remember somebody asking a similar question on another forum and apparently Shapeways make one in roughly the correct scale.

Enquiring_Mind
    Participant

Hi Gareth,
    thanks for your response, I’ve had a look on Shapeways and yes someone does offer one in a fairly close scale.
    Unfortunately, it costs more than certain sci-fi resin vehicles produced by a certain (very large) Nottingham based wargames company.
    Which stops that idea in its tracks….
    Oh well.

elcee
    Participant

The one Tiger that was produced, was deployed as a command tank for the for “Panzerjäger Abteilung 653”, which used the Panzerjäger Tiger (P) “Ferdinand” –
    or Elefant if you want to go with the later name. It was lost sometimes during July 1944, after a couple of month of service.

Rules wise, the should be similar. You might add unreliable to the Porsche, to reflect that the Porsche tank was… well.. unreliable.

Except a 3d print or a Kitbash with a resin model i don’t know of any 1/56 models for a Tiger P. While the turret is almost identical, this would be easy. But the superstructure and hull are cast om one piece, so a conversion of Warlords models would be annoying at best.
    A 3d print is way to expensive, as you noted already.

Gareth
    Participant

Wow, that is expensive.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.