Operation Market Garden Scenario 11: Grabner's Attack Forces

Home Forums Historical Bolt Action Operation Market Garden Scenario 11: Grabner's Attack Forces

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Quintus Tiberius
    Participant

Hello,
    Having just got my Market Garden campaign book (as an excuse to buy British paras) I was looking at the scenarios, specifically 11, as that is the desperate defence for Arhnem by John Frost and his men. I have several comments/questions:

1. It says that the germans forces should be the same, “as described in scenario 8” (in addition to several more vehicles). However, I do believe this to be a mistake as it speaks about the lack of order dice for the German forces, but this was only mentioned in Scenario 9. Is it meant to be scenario 9, or am I mistaken?

2. When it says armoured cars, half-tracks, and protected trucks, does this mean any specific vehicles, or simply any which would be appropriate for the time period?

3. What exactly is a “complete platoon” for the paras? Does this mean (assuming platoon refers to the British Paratroop Reinforced Platoon) 1 Lt and 2 sections of Paras? Or can it include the other options (E.G. light artillery and mortars)?

4. (On scenario 9) When they say, “Each squad will have a Vickers ‘K’ gun, one squad in three will have a PIAT, one in three can have a 2″ mortar and every squad has a Bren gun”, does this mean that the section can have one of the five men replace his rifle with a PIAT (or the Vickers K / 2″ mortar) or that a two-man PIAT team can be added? If you add a two-man PIAT team, are they a separate section (and thus not required to follow the one-inch rule) or considered one force with the other five men?

Sorry for the rather longwinded questions.

Dr Dave
    Participant

I have to ask as well – but why does each squad have a Vickers K gun?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.