Observation flights, spotter questions

Home Forums Historical Victory At Sea Observation flights, spotter questions

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Kevin
    Participant

I am trying to wrap my head around this spotter rules. So my understanding is that I can declare before the game which aircraft are for scouting or observation flight. so if a cruiser has 4 aircraft I can therefore as an example have 2 aircraft for scouting and 2 aircraft for observation flight(spotting for over the horizon).  When do I appoint my spotter air to targets and can I switch targets every turn? Other part to this is, can fire at extreme range at moving ships as long as I have a spotter aircraft?

Nat
    Participant

yes you pick which use your aircraft have before deployment.. so 2 scouts & 2 spotting.

During deployment, after scouting points have been spent you assign a spotter plan to an enemy ship.  The spotter stays with that ship for the duration of the game or the assigned ship is sunk.*  This then enables you to select that ship as a target for Over Horizan shooting, however you still need to meet the other criteria… one of which is the target is stationary.

So yes as it stands, until we get the full rull book there isnt much point (that I can see) of using observation flights.

*there are (in the QSR – this may change in Jan with the full rule book) no rules for moving the spotter – or driving it off with fighter flights!

Kevin
    Participant

Nat,

thank you so much for the response, and the reinforcement of the rules.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.