Not good

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    SteveT
    Participant

Played our first game today. Was not good at all.  Points system is bizarrely unbalanced, way too many fiddly random modifiers and non-random modifiers. Assaults rules are far too unwieldy.

Wish it had the elegant simplicity of Bolt Action that effectively conquers all these things with less mental processing.

I came, I saw, I said “No”.

Luiso Bosqueviejo
    Participant

Well, not all games are for all people.

What a pity, I think it is one of the best tabletop wargames I ever played. It has a great, elegant, narrative-driven rules system with echoes from all the things I love of the old-style GW games (80s and early 90s), but with a modern and very innovate system.

It may seem a bit complicated at first, but trust me, the road is well worth it.

There is a very growing community, if you need help or any advice with your first games, I’m sure you will receive a very warm welcome!

Best.

Zac
    Participant

Played our first game today. Was not good at all.  Points system is bizarrely unbalanced, way too many fiddly random modifiers and non-random modifiers. Assaults rules are far too unwieldy.

The system is a touch disorganised. It is a more complex system than Bolt Action since it adds a lot more tech, weapons and armour. It does take a bit of work to get the rules sorted out but I think it is worth the effort since it is a fun system.

What part of the points system did you think was unbalanced?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.