Napoleonic Austrians

Home Forums Historical Black Powder Napoleonic Austrians

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Sven Lovstrom
    Participant

Hello. What amazes me a bit is that warlord have not made any Austrians.
    They where a major combatant during the Napoleonic wars.
    So when can we expect some plastic Austrians?

Charge The Guns
    Participant

Hi Sven. Although they don’t produce any Napoleonic Austrians themselves I did see this on their web store: https://store.warlordgames.com/products/napoleonic-wars-napoleonic-austrian-infantry-1809-1815

The Austrians are a very pretty army. Distinctive uniforms, and the cavalry were very good. Perhaps Warlord will get around to them one day?

Lochmoigh
    Participant

Where are rules for Austrians? Or has anyone here come up with rules for them?

Marecki
    Participant

A Clash of Eagles supplement includes lots of rule for Austrians

Paul Goldstone
    Participant

I’ve got an Austrian army I really enjoy playing with. There were three main differences from their French opponents:
    1. For various reasons (social, political, inexperience…) the Austro-Hungarian generals tended to be cautious. So we play it that most Austrian generals are Staff Rating 7 or Cautious.
    2. Avant-Garde brigades of light cavalry regiments and infantry battalions. Usually supported by Wurst mounted artillery (which functionally is no different from other horse artillery but looks cool).
    3. BIG infantry battalions, usually much bigger than French battalions. So the Austrian battalions are mostly Large.

ArtfulB
    Participant

Building an Austrian army in plastic is well covered, so far, I have resisted the temptation to build one.

The Wurst artillery should be less mobile than regular horse artillery but cheaper, guns in general have to be done using metal figures.

Perry actually produce the https://store.warlordgames.com/products/napoleonic-wars-napoleonic-austrian-infantry-1809-1815  box along with a recently introduced box of cavalry which may well also be available via Warlord . Both of these boxes have so many options to them that they cover almost all you need.

Warlord Polish Lancers and French Hussars could be used as Uhlans and Hussars – other manufacturers are out there.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.