Home › Forums › Historical › Black Powder › Napoleonic Austrians
- This topic has 5 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 2 years, 2 months ago by ArtfulB.
May 10, 2019 at 1:50 pm #161604Sven LovstromParticipant
Hello. What amazes me a bit is that warlord have not made any Austrians.
They where a major combatant during the Napoleonic wars.
So when can we expect some plastic Austrians?May 12, 2019 at 11:04 am #161624Charge The GunsParticipant
Hi Sven. Although they don’t produce any Napoleonic Austrians themselves I did see this on their web store: https://store.warlordgames.com/products/napoleonic-wars-napoleonic-austrian-infantry-1809-1815
The Austrians are a very pretty army. Distinctive uniforms, and the cavalry were very good. Perhaps Warlord will get around to them one day?January 2, 2020 at 4:12 am #173123LochmoighParticipant
Where are rules for Austrians? Or has anyone here come up with rules for them?January 3, 2020 at 9:21 pm #173156MareckiParticipant
A Clash of Eagles supplement includes lots of rule for AustriansJanuary 4, 2020 at 9:35 am #173165Paul GoldstoneParticipant
I’ve got an Austrian army I really enjoy playing with. There were three main differences from their French opponents:
1. For various reasons (social, political, inexperience…) the Austro-Hungarian generals tended to be cautious. So we play it that most Austrian generals are Staff Rating 7 or Cautious.
2. Avant-Garde brigades of light cavalry regiments and infantry battalions. Usually supported by Wurst mounted artillery (which functionally is no different from other horse artillery but looks cool).
3. BIG infantry battalions, usually much bigger than French battalions. So the Austrian battalions are mostly Large.March 11, 2021 at 1:03 pm #180008ArtfulBParticipant
Building an Austrian army in plastic is well covered, so far, I have resisted the temptation to build one.
The Wurst artillery should be less mobile than regular horse artillery but cheaper, guns in general have to be done using metal figures.
Perry actually produce the https://store.warlordgames.com/products/napoleonic-wars-napoleonic-austrian-infantry-1809-1815 box along with a recently introduced box of cavalry which may well also be available via Warlord . Both of these boxes have so many options to them that they cover almost all you need.
Warlord Polish Lancers and French Hussars could be used as Uhlans and Hussars – other manufacturers are out there.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.