Merchant Tanker assembly guide

Home Forums Historical Cruel Seas Merchant Tanker assembly guide

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Wayne Walton
    Participant

Does anyone know if there is an assembly guide available for the Merchant Tanker. My order of two arrived this morning with nothing but the pieces. I can only find a single image on the website, and I’m struggling to see where all the pieces should go.
    Any help would be much appreciated.

RichC

More images have been added 🙂

Wayne Walton
    Participant

Thank you for the additional information. I’ve also seen the ‘Tanker Build’ video on YouTube.
    So now I’m sorted.

Erik
    Participant

Thanks for that image, Richard.

Here’s a link to a video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmIAronqwgk

I would still like to see a still image like in the video with a key for all the parts.

Erik
    Participant

Must the deck gun go in the back? Or does it also make sense to put up front behind the forecastle?

invisible officer
    Participant

If only one gun was carried it was at the back. To fight enemies following the tanker that would try to run away.

A typical merchant was not intended to fight offensive, especally not a tanker.

You might add a 2 cm at the bow. Such a coastal mini tanker of 50m / 165 ft was rarely armed with more in European waters. Many small merchant ships had no gun at all.

Even the similar looking German Military tanker Anna (and her sisters) of 60 m had just 2x 2cm.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.