Late war Amtsentwurf 1935/1939 mob Minensucher model

Home Forums Historical Cruel Seas Late war Amtsentwurf 1935/1939 mob Minensucher model

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    invisible officer
    Participant

A must for Cruel Sea games is the classic „Kanalarbeiter“, the Minensucher. Warlord’s model is a Type 1935 Minensucher.

The “Bootsschwinge” football goalpost is typical for the boats from M 25 on. (But a few later built have ordinary davits).
    The model comes with a quad and two twin 2 cm AA guns, typical late war. (Early had 1x 3,7 cm and two single 2cm)

It is a nice wargaming model, the scale. is a bit smaller than the Schnellboote. More 1/330 than 1/300.

Even out of the bag it makes a nice Minensucher wargaming model.

So I decided to do a typical late war boat. Strangely camo was more common on them early than late war. Typical late war was grey over all with a fake bow wave.

Attachments:
    invisible officer
    Participant

To match my smaller vessels style I added some details. Nerds …..

The list is long: The model lacks two prominent big vents behind the aft mast. The rear of the bridge has a wrong form, it lacks the stairs to boat deck. Between the mine aft the big winch was missing.
    The depth charge throwers are those in mid of the DC four positions. I added some details to make them look more like the real thing. Two small cranes aft and the two big pole cranes near bridge add a lot to look.
    The red items are buoys used to mark safe lanes. And I added a crude OTTER minesweeping device.
    The platform between quad 2cm and mast had an open reserve steering wheel. (And early war a second simple stereoscopic rangefinder)
    The Langbasis rangefinder in kit is for top of bridge and OK for early war. But late war it was a very different looking on with Kommandogerät (Computer). So scratch.
    Antennas, Bulwark and railing are added too. Few had a Radar so I gave my none.

Attachments:
    invisible officer
    Participant

I plan to do another Minensucher in early war configuration. In camo. Interrnet tells me that it is in mail.

The pic before priming show some of the alterations. I like to do such work but the model is nice without.

Attachments:
    David J Schaffner
    Participant

Beautiful modeling!

If I paint mine – it won’t have your beautiful rigging work.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.