Just getting started

Home Forums Historical SPQR Just getting started

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Savage Coyote
    Participant

Hi guys, just getting started with SPQR. I’ve decided to do both Dacian/Sarmatians and Imperial Romans and have some units ordered to do both.

I loved the idea of the Cataphracts for the Sarmatians, but I’m having a hard time figuring out 500 denari list to start with. Part of me feels like they might be something you should buy later as you upgrade your war band so that you can have enough “stuff” on the board in the initial round. Anyone have any thoughts? (Of course the only Dacian/Sarmatian thing I’ve bought so far are Cataphracts so, yeah, I need to get some Nobles, Falxmen, and Horse Archers too!)

invisible officer
    Participant

Well, historically the Sarmatians had been allies so they are ideal for your upgrade idea.
    Not to forget, the noble armored cavalry was just part of the force, half or more of the Sarmatians had unarmored horses.

Savage Coyote
    Participant

Very true. I really need to get infantry at some point. I’ve just been putting it off due to the long wait for shipping to the US or my LGS. Which is silly because now I’m going to have to wait even longer!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.