Judge Dredd – how to subdue him?

Home Forums Science Fiction & Fantasy 2000 AD Judge Dredd – how to subdue him?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Nat
    Participant

Erm…ok I’m puzzled here…must be missing something basic..

Pg 11 stats include cool

Pg 23 – injury and stun – lower all of the target models stats

Pg 23 – incapacitated and subdued – when cool gets to 0 model is out of action

Pg 62/77/79 etc – fortitude – basically ignore the stat loss from 1 injury or stun marker

Pg 75 & 89 – indestructible – ignore all stat losses from injury or stun markers….so how DO YOU subdue or incapacitate Dredd or Orlock?

Let’s compare their rule to Pg 97, mean machine Angel going up to 4!  That says no stat loss due to injury or stun but 4 (his cool stat) still takes him out.  Now if we apply that to dredd (cool of 5) then Anderson is more durable needing 6 due to fortitude!

So what (and where is it?) have I missed?

Or do we have a missing section from pg 20 – where the number of injury /stun markers is compared to the models starting cool stat?
    Or do we have a missing sentance from indestructible telling us how many stun /injury markers is required to subdue/incapacitate Dredd/Orlock?
    Or do we have a missing sentance from indestructible and fortitude excluding cool from the stats that arent altered?  (yes this is different to option 1 as with option 1 Dredd is cool 5 until knocked out, with option 3 his cool drops like everyone elses)

• This topic was modified 1 year, 10 months ago by Nat.
    • This topic was modified 1 year, 10 months ago by Nat.
    Findo
    Participant

As I understand it (think it is FAQed somewhere but cannot recall…), Dredd (and Orlock incidentally) ignore the stat loses but still go out out action after 5 (for Dredd) or 4 (for Orlock) injuries/stuns.

Nat
    Participant

Yeah discussed this on the WL discord and the common interpretation is that ‘cool down to zero’ should actually be ‘if stun &/or injury equal starting cool’ to prevent questions like this

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.