IJN Yubari light cruiser discussion: viable?

Home Forums Historical Victory At Sea IJN Yubari light cruiser discussion: viable?

• This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 1 week ago by Aidan.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Aidan
    Participant

Hey guys,

Do you think Warlord games will give us an official IJN Yubari model eventually? I think that it probably won’t happen for awhile, they have not even made the Brooklyns, Des Moines, Sendais, or even the Atlantas yet. Which is why I made my own stat card for it (I’ll share it if requested) and found a 3d printable model.

And secondly, how viable do you think it would be to run? Just looking at it’s historical use and my own homebrewed stats, (which I have not tested yet) I would imagine that it would function like a destroyer killer, hunting down those pesky DDs with its light gun armament, and using it’s torps and speed as a deterrent against larger ships. On paper it wouldn’t quite be a “destroyer-on-steroids”, because of it’s small torpedo armament. But it would probably be a good cheap unit to run, and a lot of fun for a Guadalcanal campaign.

Thoughts/opinions/questions?

Thanks!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.