Homebrew Unit: Hetzer ‘Starr’

Home Forums Historical Bolt Action Homebrew Unit: Hetzer ‘Starr’

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Robert
    Participant

Here goes nothing, my first attempt at posting a homebrew unit! Please give me feedback, especially if anything needs fixing or if stats already exist from a campaign book I don’t own! If you like this, let me know and I’ll post more of my homebrews!

——————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————-

HETZER ‘STARR’

Between 1943 and 1944, Alkett began work on a project to mount a 7.5cm anti-tank gun onto a turretless armoured chassis without a recoil system, in order to to ease production, free up interior space and simplify operation. In 1945, the Jagdpanzer 38 (today known as the Hetzer) was chosen as the platform for this mounting, and 100 guns were produced, but only 10 were mounted onto specially-designed hulls. It was dubbed the Jagdpanzer 38 ’Starr’ (German for ‘Rigid’). Sources differ as to the fate of this handful, but at least two were known to have survived the war. This incredibly rare vehicle can be utilised by German armies set in the Reich’s last stand in 1945 as a cheaper option for the Hetzer, but the points reduction comes at the cost of a gun which could potentially damage the tank upon firing.
    Cost: 148pts (Inexperienced), 190pts (Regular)
    Weapons: 1 hull-mounted forward-facing heavy anti-tank gun and pintle-mounted MMG
    Damage Value: 9+ (medium tank)
    Special Rules
    • The Hetzer (Starr)’s weak side armour means that all shots to the side of the vehicle count as to the rear (i.e. they have a +2 penetration modifier rather than +1).
    • The lack of a recoil mechanism means that the recoil is absorbed by the rest of the vehicle, straining the suspension and potentially damaging or dislodging vital components. The first time the Hetzer (Starr) fires its main gun, the vehicle is given a permanent pin marker for the rest of the game, which cannot be deducted by ‘rally’, nor does the morale bonus of an officer affect it. This means that every turn after the vehicle fires its first shot, it must take an order test of at least -1, regardless of any modifiers. Every other time it fires its main gun, it gains an additional pin marker, but these can be deducted by rally and are influenced by officers’ morale bonus, as with normal pins.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.