Heavy Cruiser Zara

Home Forums Historical Victory At Sea Heavy Cruiser Zara

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    william ciattoni
    Participant

At one point the Zara class cruisers had a 4+ save. It is now 2+. I know it was explained additional research showed their armor was garbage.
    That being said, every source I’ve read states the Zara’s had heavy armor, better than that of most other nations. Yet someone decided 2+? What am I missing here?

Nat
    Participant

In Mongoose v1 it had 4+
    in the v2 beta it had 4+

In the published book is has 2+

The FAQ doesnt say it was garbage just says ‘we were right in the printed version’…. its more that WL do come down on the side of Rules as Written in their FAQ answers rather than put errata entries in.  (ok they have when they swapped the two cruiser costs round)… but 80% of the answers are RAW …

william ciattoni
    Participant

Being historical sources say the Zara class was heavily armored compared to most other nations equivalent cruisers wouldn’t a 4+ make sense or at least 3+. I’m curious how that historic fact translated into such a weak armor rating in the developers minds.

Nat
    Participant

My guess is that it was a typo (theres enough in the stats….dont even get me started on the points!) and rather than admit that as thats quite a large can of worms (as said theres a number of them) just like the Bismark cost…. they went with whats printed and tried to justify it.

One of the historical contributors is on the FB group ‘the wardroom’ and he’s not happy with that statement in the FAQ….

Which is why in the Wardroom point chart there is an option to run it at 4+ armour with a points adjustment.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.