Hail Caesar Epic Battles?

Home Forums Historical Hail Caesar Hail Caesar Epic Battles?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Steffen
    Participant

With a new Edition of HC on the horizon and some hints in the past, a HC Variant of Epic Battles is possible, but what could WLG bring for us?

Hail Caesar Epic Battle: The Punic Wars would be an instand buy for me… with Republican Romans, Carthaginians, Celts, Iberians, Greeks/Macedonians it would cover the most factions of that period.

If WLG makes a “Romans vs Germans” Thema, I fear they repeat the same mistakes and bring only “Hollywood Romans” – Early (Claudian) Imperial Legionaries with Lorica Segmentata only armour and neglect those with Mail and Scale which were the only variants in the east and even common in the west while the Auxilliary will be also those of the Claudian Reforms type which didn’t exist in that form at the Time of the very early Empire when “Auxillia” was more a term for collecting all kinds of structured foreign troops in roman service when they maybe bring a Teutoburg Forest Starter.

A Julius Caesar Thema with Marian Romans and Celts would be good when WLG also bring other factions of that period like Late Ptolemaic, Pontic and Parthians.
    • This topic was modified 1 year, 5 months ago by Steffen.
    Craig
    Keymaster

Thats a good idea! 😛

Paintbrush and Pike
    Participant

I agree, I’d absolutely love an Epic Battles variant of HC! It’d be quite nice though, I think, to do something other than a Roman focus – maybe the Greco-Persian wars or even Peloponnesian?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.