Ground target destruction – point and area hits

Home Forums Historical Blood Red Skies Ground target destruction – point and area hits

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Cat Shot One
    Participant

Perhaps I’m missing something in Air Strike, but how do you exactly destroy a ground target?
    – Will point hits already be sufficient?
    – Will only area hits take it out?
    – Do both have to be reduced to zero?
    If you find the relevant text, please write on which page.

Renko
    Participant

To destroy a target it depends on the target, but usually you need to cause both area and point hits – to sink a ship you must destroy all the hull (area hits), however a mission may be a success if you achieve less than that – see the scenarios for more detail.

Ground targets are very hard to actually destroy, which is historically correct

Jesse
    Participant

Also remember that critical hits do more damage. 2 point hits for critical hits on a strafing run (or 1 point and 1 hull if strafing a ship). 1 point and 1 area hits for critical hits on a bombing run.

Cat Shot One
    Participant

Jesse, absolutely, I had that on the radar.

Renko, the only reference to destruction I could find in the meantime is in scenario 7 on page 61. Here it says twice that destruction equals the reduction of all area hits to zero, no point hits mentioned. Do you have another page or source in mind?

Renko
    Participant

Bugger – ignore me – I think I dredged that up from the beta. Basically area hits blow stuff up, point hits are suppressing light flak and keeping peoples heads down

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.