Getting Ready for a Grudge Match – 22nd Sept.

Home Forums Historical Pike & Shotte Getting Ready for a Grudge Match – 22nd Sept.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Charge The Guns
    Participant

Re-fighting Auldearn, 1645, at the Warlord Games Day on September 22nd. Old enemies. Long standing feuds. Frasers / Campbells v. Gordons / McDonalds / McDonnells. Thought I had better get this chap ready.

He’ll be leading Mungo Campbell of Lawyer’s Regiment as they ominously display the blag flag; no quarter asked for, or given.

Attachments:
    Dr Dave
    Participant

very nice. Blag flag eh… I assume that they got tonked at Auldearn?

Charge The Guns
    Participant

Hi Dr. Dave, yes, it went badly for the Campbells. Mungo, along with most of his officers, was killed in the battle. The regiment was decimated. I guess they probably wouldn’t have expected any quarter being granted anyway. Too long a history of atrocities committed by both sides.

Corso
    Participant

Nicely painted figure – used the model as a sergeant for my new german foot regiment.

Dr Dave
    Participant

That’s very interesting CtG. I do like that figure and your painting style. I can’t make the open day so I’ll miss your game. Do you use acrylics?

Charge The Guns
    Participant

Thanks Corso – yes, a very useful figure 🙂

Thanks as well Dr. Dave. Hehe, yes I have had a bit of an acrylic epiphany this year. The black flag bearing figure above was painted in enamels a couple of years ago. However, the most recent figures (e.g. MacColla’s Lifeguard) were entirely painted in acrylic.

Dr Dave
    Participant

Gosh CtG, that’s really interesting.

Do you game much of the “ECW” in Scotland? I did hear the P&S author discussing this theatre of the war. He had some very interesting views on it.

Charge The Guns
    Participant

Why thanks, Dr. Dave 🙂

Are you painting anything at the moment?

Dr Dave
    Participant

Why yes… 15mm Sassanid Persians for DBM. It’s a great system and really captures the variety and flavour of Ancient Warfare.

Charge The Guns
    Participant

Call me psychic but I think you may be “pulling my leg”? 🙂

Dr Dave
    Participant

Your are of course correct. My mistake. They’re 12mm.

Charge The Guns
    Participant

Too many scales 🙂

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.