German Late War Troops

Home Forums Historical Bolt Action German Late War Troops

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Moin moin,

yesterday I fought a battle in 1945 and tested german late war troops, these were the Hitlerjugend, the Volkssturm and the Volksgrendiere, here are my personal experiences :

– Hitlerjugend & Volkssturm can be very dangerous for enemy armour because of their Panzerfäuste, their use against enemy infantry is not so good,     they cannot use LMGs & assault rifles, they die too fast because they start as green troops and do not normally reach a higher level, I do not think that I   will use them again

– Volksgrenadiere are much better , of course they start also as green troops and will not normally reach a higher level, but they start always with 5 assault rifles, then you can equip them with the finest weapons, but that would be too expensive, I gave them 2 Panzerfäuste and the next  3-5 soldiers   got only rifles, these men are the meat shield for the first 5, the first 5 are real damage dealers for the enemy infantry, 10 shots are very effective even from green troops and they have no malus after moving, I think I will use them in more games

so what are your experiences with these late war troops ?

greetings thomas

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.