Game so far

Home Forums Historical Cruel Seas Game so far

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Sergei S
    Participant

So my group was very enthusiastic about the game and jumped in both feet with pre-orders. I was a bit apprehensive first, but finally ordered Soviet force. Still waiting for it to arrive, going on three weeks now. Game plays well, we tried several scenarios, including spy landing and night sub attack. Using 350 scale U boat is fine, just gluing it on 300 scale base remedies size issue. I am a bit baffled with choice of Tashkent destroyer leader as one of Soviet entries…? On top of other issues, only model available is a paper one in 1:250. Although easily down-sizeable on color copier it is a challenge to put together, even
    for professional modelmaker like me.4-5 hours of work and I just started to tackle superstructure… Planes role in the game is… undervalued, esp for Shturmovik with just a bomb? No strafing? Oh well, maybe later…

Sergei S
    Participant

Таshkent so far.

Renko
    Participant

Choice of Bronekater over MO / BMO too. Luckily its not just the Soviets / Russians where the research is patchy, the lack of depth applies all across the board.

Renko
    Participant

I would add, the models in the fleet set are very nice. The D3, G5 and Fugas are all ok, though the Fugas is probably based on a pre war layout but that can be fixed. The Bronekaters are 1124s not 1125s but the model is ok

Sergei S
    Participant

I have yet to receive my Soviet force, so do not know what options are Bronekaters for example. Choice of 1124 vs 1125 is fairly easy remedied with possibly scratch built details. Surely one can make own entries, provided value can be calculated. Type 7 was most numerous destroyer used, I beleive with 28 in class, next type with about 18 in class. There is paper model of type 7 in 1:200, so is scaleable. So that can be done…

Sergei S
    Participant

So I dont know why Warlord went with Bronekater and not Moshka types, since they were more prevalent… If I get into the game seriously, I might bang out one in metal and mold it, it does not seem to be too hard…

Bruce Scott
    Participant

Maybe force balance? Your MTBs have only HMGs so if they are facing T/S/M boats that are immune to their torpedos they are at a big disadvantage. The Bronekaters give you cheap gunnery support. Also they are cool 🙂

Mark
    Participant

Could anyone please point me to good online references for Soviet coastal craft and/or book references? My library lacks any reference unfortunately.

cheers

Sergei S
    Participant

Google images works perfectly fine for painting ships refs. Or you need Order of Battle type stuff?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.