French Legere units

Home Forums Historical Black Powder French Legere units

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Edgar Pabon
    Participant

To the best of your knowledge, does Albion Triumphant assume that Legere units are only fielded in open order as skirmishers? My question is based on the stats as Skirmishers and Sharpshooters. A unit of Legere, in line formation, with the Sharpshooter special rule seems a bit broken. However, as skirmishers with a lower shooting value, the one die re-roll makes more sense. I was assuming that they can operate in both close and open order. How do you guys play them?

Nat
    Participant

They dont lower the shooting dice in skirmish order as the whole unit skirmishes.  Its only mixed formations that drop shooting down to 1.

Legere units can be ordered in to Line, mixed line, assault coloumn, mixed assault coloumn, square, coloumn of companies (Clash of Eagles), Marching Coloumn or Skirmish formation.

You pay 3 points to add the ability to skirmish the whole unit and sharpshooters  (for that 1 re-roll) per battalion…dont forget that any battalion can get tough fighters for 1 point which is the same 1 dice re-roll but in HtH instead of shooting.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 10 months ago by Nat.
    Edgar Pabon
    Participant

Thanks Nat! I need to focus on the fact that Legere units should be a bit more rare as they “cost” more to play.

Nat
    Participant

They are rare if using the lists to create your army

In Albion Triumphant 1, (mid + late), and clash of Eagles  they are limited to 1 regiment per brigade (so you could have up to 4 /5 battalions in a single brigade as Legere) and  in AT2 only 1 in 4 battalions can be upgraded to Legere across the whole army!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.