French heavy cruisers

Home Forums Historical Victory At Sea French heavy cruisers

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Tim
    Participant

I was looking through the rulebook and noticed that all of the french heavy cruisers 8″ guns are at a -1 ap, same as the 6″ guns. This only seems to apply to the french.

I was wondering if this was for a historical purpose due to French shells or the like, or if its an error in the book?

Nat
    Participant

…. ok guns…..after multiple discussions (including with people who are listed as the naval boffins & the author himself) on social media platforms…. how I wish this info had been inclued in the book!

They only list the Calibre, not all guns of the same calibre and the same type /make even within nations & classes…. so not all 8″ guns are equal
    Range is mix of elevation of turres /mounts on the indiviudal ship, the amount/type of charge that gun could take & fire control systems

Damage Dice & AP are representation of the shell types, and their capablilties….

So yes, with the French 8″ guns the author and others made the descion that they should be -1 AP… note this is the same reason as why the Fargut (US Destroyer) has AP -1 on its light guns instead of the normal -2.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.