Flower Class Corvette scale?

Home Forums Historical Cruel Seas Flower Class Corvette scale?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    elcee
    Participant

So there was an article annoucing a Flower Class Corvette. (see here) But i’m sceptical if this is really a 1/300 scale model. Because we had an article a while back (see here), that contained a preview of the same model, with the text:

Skytrex model painted as HMCS Snowberry K166 by Warlorder RichC – Soon to be released as part of Cruel Seas

Which makes me think this model might be 1/350 scale.

So is this a new Warlord Model in 1/300 or is it a Skytrex Model in 1/350?

____

Edit: I sent an email to customer support as well, but i think other might be interesting if this is a 1/300 model (or better it would be interesting if it wasn’t).

• This topic was modified 5 years, 2 months ago by elcee.
    RichC

It is indeed 1/350th scale, we’re changing the text and picture now! Thanks 🙂

Sergei S
    Participant

1:350 scale should not be a problem. Mount it on 300 scale base.

Bill Smith
    Participant

It’s a bit disappointing though. I can just about live with 1/350 for liberty ships, but isn’t the Flower class smaller than the M35 minesweeper?

I want a 1/300 Flower class!

• This reply was modified 5 years, 2 months ago by Bill Smith.
    Sergei S
    Participant

Well. Those larger ships are not cheap to produce and model. Your other option would be to get paper model and scale it fo correct size. I did it to Soviet Tashkent, ship is a monster…

elcee
    Participant

Thank you for the reply, i hoped for a 1/300 model. Guess i’ll have to wait a (litte) longer, for 1/300 ships/boats.

@Bill
    Smith
    Correct the Minensuchboot 1935 is 68.4m long and the Flower Class 62.5m. So quite a bit shorter. Although the M-Class model a bit to short with 21.5cm length, which would be about 64.5m (22.8cm would be the correct length for 1/300 scale).

nmcabecadas
    Participant

To me is a disapointment, a Flower corvette in 1/300 is just above 20 cm, don’t seems too big to be in the game scale. Besides, if is not a WG original model, this should be clear to all, including the model source.

George
    Participant

Almost four months since Cruel Seas was launched, and there really are no NEW boats e.g. Fairmile ‘B’ or Raumbooote. The corvette is advertised as for ‘those submarine games’, but there are virtually NO submarine rules in Cruel Seas…. Or is that ‘Cruel Joke’?

Sergei S
    Participant

There are submarine rules, possibly beta, possibly here somewhere…
    I dont know what when and where would be released , seems like company is struggling with filling out current orders. Mine finally came in after almost 4 weeks, but ship cards are wrong. Lol. I might start making my own ships at some point and casting them, if I have time available…

George
    Participant

Before Christmas, the scale of the game seemed to be 1/300 coastal actions. Since the New Year the scale now seems to be 1/350 convoy/destroyer actions.

Perhaps, as has been said, ‘Cruel Seas’ has less to do with naval tactics than it was with marketing tactics?

invisible officer
    Participant

Well, no “Warlord” Flower for me.

In 1/300 I would not have been able to resist to buy one. Now it will go on my scratch list.

The price is good, cheaper than the original makers one. But
    for marketing I think that 1/350 way is not very clever. All the plastic kits on offer, that is like advertising for other companies.

So some might notice that there are plastic flowers in the garden……

nmcabecadas
    Participant

Volumewise, the difference between a 1/300 model and another model representing the same object in 1/350 is almost 60%. These rules are made for small ships, and the bigger they are, the more difficult to play with them. Having larger ships in smaller scales seems logic to reduce such problems, but the balance between small and larger ships in other aspects is partially lost.

Bruce Scott
    Participant

Had my hand on my wallet until it was confirmed as 1/350. Will have to go back to plan Thingiverse to get a Flower sadly.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.