FIREFIGHT! Table size and terrain

Home Forums Historical Bolt Action FIREFIGHT! Table size and terrain

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Xenos
    Participant

I’m researching what other players have found to be an optimal table size with the new skirmish rules. Is 3×3 too small or 4×4 too large? How much terrain do you find works best?

Thanks!
    Xenos

Yuriy
    Participant

It all depends on how many points you gain army.
    For example, in our club we play on the table 4×4, if the army is less than 1000 points, in fact sometimes games for 1000 points also go well on the table 4×4 (if you have agreed in advance on the size of the table). with a larger game format, I think that 6×4 is better, since large guns will already be able to realize their advantage in firing range.
    for example, in one game with 500 points, I took my 105 mm howitzer (I wanted to try out a combination of 2 indirect fire guns (a mortar and a howitzer) and 1 lieutenant to shoot 2 times in a row, that is, the first volley of two guns was carried out at the end of the turn, when the enemy units had already gone, and the second at the beginning of the next move, while the enemy has not yet descended, and thanks to 2 orders dice from 1 lieutenant, I activate both weapons at once.) and hid it behind a hill , leaving the art corrector on the hill, she was able to shoot once and miss, after which the Japanese soldiers were all too close for a indirect fire.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.