Early MGBs?

Home Forums Historical Cruel Seas Early MGBs?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Mike B
    Participant

While I’m here on-site, I’d like to ask if WG intends to offer any of the early war Motor Gun Boats one always reads about?

It seems to me that the 70ft BPB MGB and the 71ft 9in BPB MGB could both be worked up on a spru similar to the MTBs, PT boats and E Boats and sold as flotillas.

The 70ft could be utilized as either early (21 knots) or mid (39 knots) since there’s no real difference in armament between them. Hence offering THREE boats for the price of two!

I see some truly great scenarios incorporating these …

Mike

George
    Participant

There are stats cards for these boats on the facebook sites (Mosquito Fleet; Dockyard Office). I made some conversions ( plastic card and filler for the whaleback) of the early Vosper and PT boat to represent them -as wargame standard models only!.

Ross156
    Participant

I agree, in order to represent the mixed MGB and MTB actions, as well as the early MGB only attacks, having these models makes complete sense and is a glaring gap in the game. Please make them Warlord.

Arguably having the early MGBs in the starter set with the E-boats would make more sense as they were fielded to combat E-boats, whereas MTBs wouldn’t use a torpedo on one, and would be out looking for other targets.

Mike B
    Participant

Thanks Ross156. I was wondering if I was the only one who recognized the void. Don’t get me wrong; Fairmiles are cool, but they didn’t show up until the coastal wars had been going strong for a couple years. I truly hope Warlord produces them.

Mike B
    Participant

George, I apologize for not commenting on your post but I’ve not been on this site for quite a while. I’ll have to look up the cards you’ve mentioned. In the meantime, do you have any pics of your conversions? I’d figured I might have to explore that possibility.

Andrew Cree
    Participant

I’m still hoping to see the British Royal Navy’s SGBs (theme name was Grey “Animal” such as Grey Owl) and some of the Far East vessels such as the Insect Class gunboats

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.