DoW List CoE

Home Forums Historical Black Powder DoW List CoE

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Richard C
    Participant

Hi All,

On pg 167 of CoE is the DoW list, I don’t know how you could ever make a all Polish 1,000 list.

For a start 2 infantry brigades max, the 4th battalion was a depot unit and having a brigade of eight is hard to keep in control range of general.

I would make regiments of 3 (historically correct as well), regiment gun for each regiment, horse battery for one brigade.

Now my question, 0-1 Cavalry brigade, 1 for every 2 infantry brigades. 1-2 regiments in the cavalry brigade, so why to they say pick from 0-6 Uhlan?????

The max you can have in 1,000 pts is 2 cavalry regiments.

Am I missing something??

Regards,

Richard

Nat
    Participant

The Brigade number restrictions are per 1K, the cavalry regiments are per army no matter the points value.  So a 2K list means you have 1 Div Commander, 2-4 Infantry Bdes, 0-2 Cavalry brigades.  Divisional Artillery is 0-4 Foot artillery batteries (still 1 for each 7 batallions in your list), Artillery Reserver is 0-1 Horse Artillery if you have 8 or more Battalions, same as the Heavy Artillery

So a 3K list you can have 3 Cavalary brigades and therefore up to 6 cavalry regiments – however only 1 can be hussars, up to 3 chassaers so the last 2 HAVE to be Uhlans…..

EDIT – ps the Artillery Reserve can be read as 0-1 per army (so total) or 0-1 per 1K with either 8+ infantry battalions to unlock OR 8 battalions per battery…. personally I read it as 0-1 per 1K so long as you have 8 or more infantry battalions in your army.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 7 months ago by Nat.
    Richard C
    Participant

Thanks Nat,

I thought that would b e the case so, it’s pretty difficult to create a DoW list without Allies.

Richard C
    Participant

With Allies what are the restrictions, could I pull out a French Heavy Cavalry Brigade and not worry about the restrictions in the French list?

Nat
    Participant

Well the rules are…. a little bit open to interpretation.. they say you can take 25% allies from X list

Now that would indercate that it should be a legal force (ie 1 Div Cmdr, 1+ Infantry etc)… HOWEVER this is a framework system and in reality you often had brigades sent to support another division*… so, check with your gaming buddies and go for the single French Heavy Cav Brigade on its own.

*casing point Murats Cavalry being supported by a German Infantry division during the battle of Borodino!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.