Cruel Sea's

Home Forums General Discussion Cruel Sea's

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Spencer Sanders
    Participant

So apparently this is a thing. You can be pre-order it and such. But what you can’t seem to do is locate any real information about the rules and game play.

Is there any actual information available on why one would want to buy the game.

invisible officer
    Participant

Or something not important 😉 like the model scale. It took me a longer time to find a notice that they are 1/300. I hope that is true.

I think the makers of the website put too much trust in the customers will to buy half blind.

The naming of the German ships make the historian shiver. I know that British still insist in the old wartime E for S-Boot. OK.
    But what is the M class minesweeper? M stands for Minensucher and there had been some classes.
    And Flakship for the Flakjäger…….

If the rules are as lazy written……. No, lets hope.

Richard Coates
    Participant

Hi Spencer, yes it is definitely a thing. We have a play-through video in editing which should be coming soon. Currently, the Cruel Seas – The Dock Office Facebook group is probably the best place to get information.

Spencer Sanders
    Participant

Thank you for the reply.

The Facebook group you referenced is a closed group and frankly I have spent far too much time trying to ferret out top secret information about a game that is supposedly going to be sold to the public.

When the only response to a request for information by a company is for you to go offsite to a group that turns out to be private and not accessible to the public at large speaks to a lack of confidence in the product. It is almost as if Warlord doesn’t want anyone to link the game with their name.

If Warlord isn’t keen on it, I think I may pass.

Have a good day.

Richard Coates
    Participant

Sorry you feel that way, and I don’t really follow your logic to those conclusions, but we’ll redouble our efforts to get more information out there. It is early days, and there is plenty more information to come. Amongst other things, we have a play-through video in editing now, which should provide a lot more information about the game itself.

The Facebook group is open to anyone, of course. I’m not sure why it’s a closed group, although I know many gamers prefer to talk games in a place their bosses etc. can’t see. Facebook is the place most people choose to share their games these days, which isn’t always ideal, just a fact of life. The Cruel Seas Facebook page and the Articles on our website will also provide more information.

There’s certainly no secrecy around the game and we’re really excited about it here at Warlord. I’ve not been involved with the creation of the game, which is something that has been worked on over a period of years, but personally I’m researching the options for a Free French fleet at the moment.

I have been somewhat remiss in getting a Cruel Seas forum set up here, but that has now been done, so hopefully we’ll see more people talking about the game here too. If you have specific questions then ask them in the forum and we will do our best to answer them.

Joseph Kananowicz
    Participant

The Facebook sites are open, yes you have to apply, but that is to stop people whom just want to troll, I was able to join with no problems

Yes I think Warlords were keeping it a little close hold for a few months, but I know they want to put out the best possible product for us gamer’s

invisible officer
    Participant

Open or closed – for many Facebook is just: Facebook.

Well, this weeks articles are far better. Even stating the scale 😉

Richard Coates
    Participant

Just to add, The Dock Office Facebook group is not an official one, but it is run by people who have been following the game for a while.

We do also have a Cruel Seas Hub page on the website where you can check on the latest articles etc. I’m happy to see that this week’s introduction article was well received – there is more to come in that vein.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.