Cruel Seas Quick Reference Sheet

Home Forums Historical Cruel Seas Cruel Seas Quick Reference Sheet

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Richard Coates
    Participant

We’ve now added a Quick Reference Sheet to the website, for those who have eagerly been awaiting this:

https://www.warlordgames.com/cruel-seas-quick-reference-sheet/

Hope you find it useful!

David J Schaffner
    Participant

Very useful – TY!

Blipvert
    Participant

Larger caliber guns produce plumes that can aid in targeting.

Can you fire those weapons first, so the rest of the weapons on the same boat can potentially benefit? Or is all shooting simultaneous?

If you are shooting and your vessel is at Full Speed (a -1 modifier) and it’s over 30cm (a -2 modifier), do both modifiers apply? Or only just one? I’ve heard arguments both ways.

In the meantime, what I’m painting today.

George
    Participant

Blipvert: on my QRS it’s: Full Speed -2; Over 30cm -1. I agree with your question, but are we reading from the same hymn-sheet?

And “Full Speed” for a Trawler shooting might be 12 knots (-2); whereas 25 knots for an MTB is not (thus no Modifier)?

A question of relative stable platforms?

Blipvert
    Participant

George, that’s the issue. My tramp steamer moving at full speed, a dramatically bigger vessel, is -2 while my bouncing cork of a PT boat moving at twice the speed, but still not full speed, is minus nothing?

elcee
    Participant

The wording of the speed of the vessel part needs to be changed, to be clear. Either change the speeds do the releative movement (full and 2/3) or real distances should be used (30cm and 36cc [or whatever number seems right]).

Blipvert
    Participant

Elcee, I agree.

David J Schaffner
    Participant

For completeness – the 3pdr entry should be included on the QRS’s Damage table also (we’re assuming along with the 37mm / 40mm line too). (?)

Renko
    Participant

I tried to boil the errata’d QRS down to 2 sides so you could reduce clutter. This is the “easy print” version. The wording remains faithful to the Warlord one as much as possible, with all that entails

David J Schaffner
    Participant

Thanks Renko!

Bill McGill
    Participant

Nice one Renko, but the Mines are missing from the damage table 🙁

Renko
    Participant

Good Catch

and a lucky one as that is probably the only spot on the QRS I can squeeze another line in without major rejig.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.