Clash of Eagles 2

Home Forums Historical Black Powder Clash of Eagles 2

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Mike
    Participant

“Poor Skirmishers under BP2” is a post noting the “Poor Skirmisher” modifier in Clash of Eagles does not translate when playing BP2. That got me to wondering whether the author of Clash of Eagles has migrated to BP2 and what changes to Clash of Eagles “special rules and modifiers” he might have made subsequent to BP2 being published.

Does anyone know?

Big Al
    Participant

That is an interesting question. However, you have to remember that all of the rules in Clash of Eagles and other supplements are only suggested alternatives and not actual rules, or rather, rule replacements.
    What that means is that you can use them, if you choose, or modify them to fit.

Mike
    Participant

Big Al,

I think Black Powder is one of the best “Black Powder” gaming engines. Its adaptability is unique. But I also think the supplements or “house rules” are necessary to convert them from a generic Black Powder period rules system to one more tailored to a more narrow time frame.

I think Clash of Eagles did a great job in tailoring them to Napoleonics. We have some argumentative people in our gaming group so it is always easier to adapt a supplement than “modify” them to fit. So I was trying to take the “easy” way out and get the author’s modifications.

It is also easier when you play other groups to say we play BP2 and Clash of Eagles then hand out a list of changes. So I agree with what you said, but I am trying to navigate the personalities of our group by getting the author’s input.

There are several supplements in Warlord’s hands that have never made it to market. Does anyone have a list of what they are and when and if they intend to publish them. Again, I know we can build our own “supplement” but life is so much easier when someone else does.

I haven’t been on the forum for a wee while. I asked the same question just a few days b4 this post was created. You can check it out at: https://www.warlordgames.com/community/topic/poor-skirmishers-with-bp2/

BTW I was part of the original playtesting group for Clash of Eagles. I ran my idea for solving this question with Ady McWalter, the author of Clash of Eagles.There isn’t just one way to deal with it, but mine works. And there won’t be any ‘official’ solutions. Experiment, and find what works for you.

Ben.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.