Cavalry formations

Home Forums Historical Black Powder Cavalry formations

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    East Norfolks
    Participant

Maybe a silly question but can cavalry form Attack Columns?

Thanks

Garry Wills
    Participant

Not under the standard rules but they are allowed ‘deep formation’ in the Clash of Eagles supplement (p.96), which gives them some benefits in movement and combat resolution but greater vulnerability to artillery and reduced combat dice.

East Norfolks
    Participant

Thanks Garry.  That’s what I thought but then saw the attached section of the new Epic Battle rules showing Cavalry as an Attack Column.  Any ideas what this means?

Garry Wills
    Participant

I don’t have Epic, I can only assume they are referring to deep formation from Clash of Eagles. A column formation other than march column is clearly a valid option. One of the things with Warlord stuff is they are not great at being consistent from one publication to another.

Richard C
    Participant

I think the rules are clear, the cavalry attack column is the remaining stands behind the Leader stand as per your picture. Not that that make sense, when we play 28mm we have two ranks of six figures.

East Norfolks
    Participant

FYI – just worked out what this is about.  The Epic Battles rule set has a new rule for French cavalry – “Cavalry Column of Attack”.  Sorry – bit slow to realise this…

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.