Carrier Strike Scenario

Home Forums Historical Blood Red Skies Carrier Strike Scenario

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Jurre
    Participant

So I got the Midway starter box and I absolutely love it, but I have a few criticisms and this is one of them: I do not really like how in the 4th scenario you are supposed to roll a dice to determine whether the carrier is already damaged from previous attacks. As the attacker I would want to completely demolish that thing myself and as the defender I don’t want to lose the possibility to win by way of an unscaved carrier by a single roll of a dice before the game has even begon. Also, having done some tests I found that as far as the Americans is concerned, a torpedo has a higher chance of damaging or destroying a carrier than a dive bomber, which, if you anything about the Battle of Midway, is not how it happened.

It also makes it very difficult to use both the torpedo bombers and dive bombers in a single scenario, which is something that I would want to do with only one box of bombers, which as you know contains 3 torpedo bombers and 3 dive bombers.

So I have two ideas about changing this:

1. The Carrier Damage rule is removed and instead the dive bombers need to roll 2 or more 5’s and/or 6’es to score a hit.

2. The Carrier Damage rule is removed and only if the dive bomber is in disadvantaged does it get 1 more dice to roll, but only one 6 is required to score a hit.

Renko
    Participant

You bought it, do what you want with it 🙂

However I’d be careful about making too many changes, particularly going to 5s & 6s. Get Air Strike – there are much more specific rules for attacking surface targets in there

Jurre
    Participant

Of course, but I guess my reason for posting this is getting some feedback: you’re saying I need to get those extended rules:  okay very good.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.