Campaign specific events?

Home Forums Historical Bolt Action Campaign specific events?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Tim Haslam
    Participant

Is there a list somewhere of BA events?
    Does anyone run historical based tournaments with no blue on blue?
    Flames of War have split WWII into early, mid and late war for there events.
    There must be enough BA players out there now to allow these types of events.

I’ve played BA since it first came out, but recently drifted away due to hard core anything goes tournaments.
    To me it just feels like a kind of 40k style event.
    Which is fine, but I like to have a bit of historical background to my WWII games, even it does have a mix of Hollywood in there too! Lol!

Just asking, not looking for an argument!

Tim Haslam
    Participant

I am aware of the official Warlord events page!
    But it only has a couple of BA events listed.
    Just wondering if there is a bigger list?

Richard Coates
    Participant

To answer your second question, I understand the intent of the recent D-Day event held at Warlord was no avoid Blue on Blue and to only allow armies that were present at that time and place. I can’t comment on how close to that aim the reality was as I didn’t attend, but I think there are probably plenty of people interested in that kind of event.

Tim Haslam
    Participant

Yes, thanks Richard.
    Events like that!

I suppose Facebook is where it all happens these days?
    I’m sure there are enough players out there.
    Judging by the sheer amount of posts on this forum, BA is a VERY popular Warlord game.

I’m trying my best to resist Facebook for all sorts of reasons.
    Lol

Richard Coates
    Participant

Realistically (and unfortunately), Facebook is where most of these things are advertised. I can completely understand your desire to avoid it completely.

We try to get as many as we can on our website, but it relies on the stores or organisers giving us enough information about them to post them up on our events page: https://www.warlordgames.com/events/

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.