Airplane rules query

Home Forums Historical Cruel Seas Airplane rules query

• This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by Nat.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Mike Bennett
    Participant
    Hi guys
    I hope that you can help me, as a new player, with a couple of cruel seas rules queries.

Pg55.  Moving planes.  I assume that you must add an extra movement dice for that turn for the plane. Please clarify if I have this right, and if this mean that you inform your opponent of the impending arrival at the start of the turn and then visibly add a dice?

Pg 55, the number of hits to impact a plane.  Is this per shooting ship, or do you accumulate them over the planes entire activation if it is fired upon by multiple enemy.  This could even take place over two turns for a veteran making a second pass.

Pg 56 jink and evade an air attack. Is this against bomb attack; torpedoes are resolved according to their specific rules, and I cannot see any gun/cannon straffing option so that only leaves bombs?

Looks like a great game, thanks for your help, and looking forward to getting the boats painted and into action

Nat
    Participant

To be honest, I’m going to pick up the supplement Close Quarters which has some cleanup of the rules for aircraft in it.

Your opponent might already now about it due to the radar rules.  It says at the start of the turn… so I read that as the plane activates before any activation die are pulled from the bag.

re flak – i read it as per activation of plane, so if a vet flys around its reset to 0 hits for his 2nd run.

Staffing is added in Close Quarters… the main rule book has bombs, torpedeos & kamikaze only….

Jink & Evade is against either type of attack – but only by veteran boats going over 24cm

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.