Aircraft Cards

Home Forums Historical Blood Red Skies Aircraft Cards

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Mike B
    Participant

I just received my Battle of Midway starter sets and “bomber” sets and am pleased with everything I see, but I do have a question regarding the Aircraft Cards.

As I view what I consider the front side of the cards I see the stats and traits as presented in the rules. However, as I view the back (or what I call the “informational” side) of the card, I see in the lower righthand side a circle with either a number or a dash. I have not seen anything in the rules which addresses this. What does it mean and how does it affect play?

Renko
    Participant

It’s the points for use in qames with points totals – note the B5N is incorrect and should read (-)

Most games are 500pts split between pilot \ crew quality and aircraft points as shown on the cards

Mike B
    Participant

Ah, so if I understand you correctly, in the Purchase system an Ace in a Wildcat would equate to 123 pts whereas a Regular in a Kate would only be 50 pts?

Or are “free” bombers (pp. 32) just…well…TOTALLY free; as in 0 pts?

Renko
    Participant

The bombers are totally free – however they’re only available in bomber scenarios. Unless there is any special circumstances they’re all Pilot Skill 3, which when carrying theor bombs and torps reduces to PS2 due to the “Laden” trait

Yes an unnamed Ace in a Wildcat is 123 points – there are “named Aces” coming that have 2 Ace skills but they tend to be a little more expensive

Mike B
    Participant

Thanks Renko. I get it now.

Renko
    Participant

No problem. People get hung up on bombers a bit – we tried to come up with some way to put them in scenarios with points but it just got too complex and open to abuse. It’s still open to abuse, but that’s the nature of some players 🙂

Mike B
    Participant

Hmm…interesting. So the game is really all about the fighters? Thanks for the input; I’ll be looking forward to the “ace” cards.

Renko
    Participant

The fighters are centre stage. You can get a good bomber game running with some of the Air Strike scenarios but fighters are the stars

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.