A couple of rules questions

Home Forums Historical Victory At Sea A couple of rules questions

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    John Loy
    Participant

1) How do you determine a “large silhouette”? We have been playing it as everything but destoyers.

2) Shooting over 30 inches. one side claims that with an observation flight, you can shoot at anything over 30 with the dice reductions. The other side claims tha even with an observation flight, you can only shoot a stationary target??

Thanks

Nat
    Participant

1) large silhouette is if you are in the port or starbord arcs of the target… doesnt matter if its a destroyer or battleship

It is the largest part of the shilhouette in relation to the ship its self…

2) yep… if its over 30″ then its over horizion shootings – which is its own call out box (QSR pg 6) &  is all of

i) over 30″ but still in extream range of the weapons firing  OR behind LoS blocking terrain/smoke but within range of the firing ships guns

ii) observation flight assigned to target

iii)target is stationary  (I can see the argument for targeting moving ships if they are the otherside of terrain… but until the full rulebook is out concensuse on the facebook wardroom is stationary only)

iv) only 6s hit…end of

v) firing weapons half AD, rounding down

• This reply was modified 3 years, 6 months ago by Nat.
    Lord Snotrag
    Participant

IIRC, the “stationary target” thing is for a target without an observation plane assigned to it.  If you have an observation plane assigned to a ship, you can shoot at it over the horizon.  Otherwise, what’s the point?  :-/

Nat
    Participant

In the QSRs, nope those points are from the callout box on page 6 …

yeah I feel that it’s currently pointless…

Lord Snotrag
    Participant

Okay, I must’ve read something into it.  Probably what the rule will look like once they put out a full rulebook.  I’m thinking the rule is just written poorly.  [Which would not make it the first one in this book.]  Otherwise, not only is the observation role generally useless, it completely contradicts one of its historical usages.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.