41st Armoured Infantry

Home Forums Historical Bolt Action 41st Armoured Infantry

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Andy Lilof
    Participant

Having acquired a box of the new U.S. infantry I wanted to do something a little different but still in keeping with my usual Normandy theme. 41st AI went into to theatre wearing a camo uniform almost identical to the USMC uniform s used in the Pacific. It was however abandoned due to other troops only expecting to see camo on the enemy and blue on blue incidents occurring.
    I had a half track lying around half done from an old project that I never finished.
    Still very much work in progress. I’ve used several Marine bits too. I figure since its summer in Normandy rolled up sleeves are acceptable and it makes for more variety in the figures.

Andy Lilof
    Participant
    Gareth
    Participant

RAF forward observers had the same problem because RAF blue covered in Normandy summer dust looks like German grey lol. You could always use stuff green stuff and lengthen the sleeves of a few soldiers ? Also lots of possibilities for cross dressing as troops tended to do(just to clarify the cross dressing, camo bottoms and khaki top).
    Should be interesting though as I have never seen the 41st on a board before.

Andy Lilof
    Participant

Yeah easy on the cross dressing….that’s only on weekends….
    Don’t think I have either actually… Have collected quite a few pictures of them around St Lo and Coutance.
    Hopefully I’ll create something a bit different.

Andy Lilof
    Participant

A few more pics
    Second squad. Like a donut I forgot to bring bases with me.

Andy Lilof
    Participant
    Andy Lilof
    Participant

And paint test

Jim Ripley
    Participant

Those look great .What did you use for the base color for the uniform ?

Andy Lilof
    Participant

Cheers
    GW paint. Nurgling green? It’s one of the layer paints. Not the base colour. The base- death guard green is too dark -does work well for usmc though.

Gareth
    Participant

2nd what Jim said ,looking great.

Andy Lilof
    Participant

Cheers Gareth

First vehicle. Some markings missing as I’ve lost the decal sheet. Will sort that before final weathering.

Boyd Bearden
    Participant

Good looking 41st AD. Nice paint work as well. Hopefully my new US Infantry. will be here by Tuesday. Vacation this week. Keep up the good work.

Commander Klank
    Participant

I love unique themed armies… excellent job.

Andy Lilof
    Participant

Thank you guys.
    Sadly no update piccies. Have picked up a couple more half tracks including an M21 mortar carrier after a trip to Bovington tank museum and the gaming weekend there. However I’m off to War and Peace in kent next week to play with the real thing so not much progress expected for a bit.
    There is a Sherman built undercoated, bit of cam, that needs more attention but again that’s a week or so away.

So I have question. A couple actually. I will be adding an engineer squad. ( I’m an ex – were never really ex- sapper, so ALL my armies get some)😁
    The logical option in trying to stay as plastic as possible is to use the ranger box.
    Question 1 what is the full range of extra metal bits?I know about the Bangalore and flame thrower. What else?
    Question 2 AIMED AT ANY PASSING WARLORD STAFF 😉😀 will the ranger box get the new plastic US infantry and if so….when?

Slyde Klewlis
    Participant

Looking awesome

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.