2 Questions about gluing over paint and basic basing.

Home Forums General Discussion 2 Questions about gluing over paint and basic basing.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Roman
    Participant

Hi, recently I made my first purchases, quite a lot I must say, and I have 2 questions that I couldn’t find an answer anywhere.

If you can help me with that, I will appreciate it.

1. I assemble all my soldiers without shields so I could have easier time painting both the soldiers and the shields. When I paint them separately, should I scratch a bit of paint off in the place where I put plastic glue? Or is it ‘safe’ to just glue over painted surface?
    2. Is it advisable or not to cut the soldier figures away from the default bases that are attached to their legs and then to glue them to the bases I want? Or to glue the miniatures WITH the ‘default’ bases to the proper base?
    harryb
    Participant

Hi

I would offer the following…

1. I have not experienced  painted parts not glueing together. Metal parts I use superglue plastic uhu or any plastic glue…

2. I used to glue the exiting base down then base over it…but nowdays  I tend to cut away from the Base if possible and re- base onto clear plastic sheet. You can see some pictures of our stuff at Glasgow Warhog blog. The earlier posts were based then flocked etc. but the newer ones are on clear plastic.  My problem is I don’t like re- basing for different games…street , sand, grass but I am being picky.

Some people don’t mind the colour miss match. I like the idea of the base disappearing into the ground. So I use a two part epoxy to glue the base to the figure with clothes pegs to support them during the cure. This means the base can be really thin.

It’s all personal choice really…I your happy with the result go for it.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.