1809 French Allies

Home Forums Historical Black Powder 1809 French Allies

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Richard
    Participant

I’m creating a French 1809 army using the CoE book as this is the closest book to the period. I want to add Wurttemburg allies to my list, do I need to following the structure on p172 Confederation of the Rhine Army? That is take at least 1 Infantry Brigade, I was looking to take a Light Infantry Brigade.

Also in my French Brigades I have 8 battalions, which means I can one division artillery battery and one reserve artillery battery?

Nat
    Participant

Yes, if you are taking a Wurttemburg division you need at least 1 Inf Bde… however Black Powder is best described as a framework rules… as they are allies I would allow you to add just the light infantry brigade with no Wurttemburg divisional commander but not allow them to benefit from the divisional commanders re-roll

Re Artillery.. yes, both are based on how many battalions you have in your army (including allied ones) only the Austrians have a restriction on which battalions count.  And there are no rules on double counting a battalion for multiple reason.  Same as both Guard heavy and light Cavalry brigades just requires 3 infantry brigades not 3 each (ie 6 in total)

Richard
    Participant

Thanks for the speedy reply Nat, much appreciated.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.