15 mm tank war house rules

Home Forums Historical Bolt Action 15 mm tank war house rules

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Christian Hetebry
    Participant

I have enjoyed playing tank wars with 15mm scale tanks.
    Over a couple of games, I’ve developed some house rules, wonder if anyone else had done the same.

Movement is 2/3 of that stated (6″ advance for the most part, rather than 9″).

Light tanks gain +1 to advance, +2 to run move. With the lack of infantry, light tanks are less effective, so probably over costed. The extra movement increases the chance of them claiming objectives or seeking side/rear shots.

When moving through rough terrain, roll a d6. On a 1, they cease movement and gain d3 pins (bogged, I consider that pins reflect both mechanical trouble and morale).

While in 28mm normal bolt action, all tanks are kind of similar, I’d like to see more special rules to differentiate between tanks in tank wars.

I like the special abilities in the tank wars expansion. I wonder if they could be allocated point values?

Anyone else have any house rules?

Nigel Heather
    Participant

Another thing I have seen done is to swich the measures from inches to centimetres.

15mm tanks are 54% the size of 28mm tanks.

A centimetre is 40% the size of an inch.

Clearly not exactly the same, but close enough that it makes it easy – just every measure you see in inches in the rules you keep the same but change them to centimetres. Saves on having to use conversion tables.

Not tried that with bolt action, but seen it work well in other rule sets.

Cheers,

Nigel

• This reply was modified 4 years, 2 months ago by Nigel Heather.
    Christian Hetebry
    Participant

I have played with cm for movement, inches for range. Felt a little slow, but more ‘epic’.

I have only really played tank battles, with token infantry and transports on one occasion.
    But was also thinking that having no limitation on the amount of artillery would work as well.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.