Reply To: Community Introductions

Home Forums General Discussion Community Introductions Reply To: Community Introductions

Hello, Mike:

I read your introduction with interest (all the way across the Atlantic!). I, like you, have a military background (retired Army officer; combat veteran; battalion command). I also like certain historical periods, perhaps: ancients; Arthurian period; Napoleonic; AWI; ACW; and 20th century. However, I also am drawn to a series of games sets, rules, and scale–all available from Warlord Games. Right now I am working on developing early and late WWII orders of battle for Polish military ground forces. I am planning–along with members of our club (check us out online at sjgaforum.discussion.community)  a series of battles of an early WWII campaign (Invasion of Poland) and Market Garden; plus the Polish 1st Armoured Division history as part of the 1st Canadian Army.  I also enjoy the Konflikt 47 game system and concept of peeking at the alternative history, of sorts, of WWII. For a break, I will try even fantasy games with the shared good cheer of others, especially Dracula’s America.

I attach a photo of a recent K47 game: Soviets v. Germans, Central Poland, 1947

Best of luck in your gaming pursuits,

Sam Wilson, LTC, USA (Ret) & Member of the South Jersey Gamers Association (SJGA)