Wound on heros

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    darren burnett
    Participant

Have not got the book to hand, but in my beastman list I noticed that the centaur hero, and the minotaur hero, both get the special rule “wound”

does this mean they have 2? and if not they are a damn expensive model to have with just 1 wound.

also if they have 2 wounds, does that mean, when you upgrade your chieftain to 3 wounds special rule, he has 3 or 4?

Tim Haslam
    Participant

Now I’ve read the wound rules, I’m even more confused?

InSoc
    Participant

You can fail RES test as many times as you have WOUNDS.
    So WOUND 2 hero can fail RES test 2 times but 3rd failure is kill.

darren burnett
    Participant

my confusion Is to why heroes have the word wound special rule?. the minotaur hero, for example seems incredibly expensive to just have 1 wound, why bother to put the word in the special rules, and not just leave it out if he only has 1?

AbsoluteZero
    Participant

The wound special rule is pretty simple. If a model has the special rule of ‘Wound’, the model gets that many more wounds added to the model with the usual one. For example, if you have a hero with ‘Wound 3’, that means for that model to die they would have to take a total of 4 wounds. Because ‘Wound 3’ adds 3 to the usual 1. 3+1=4. ‘Wound 2’ only adds 2 more and ‘Wound’ by itself just adds one more.
    One other part of that rule to keep track of, for every wound that model takes, they take a pin and cannot remove it. For example, if your hero with ‘Wound 3’ takes 2 wounds, they have two permanent pins attached to them. These is important because that affects their Command stat. Using the example above, if they have a ‘Command 8’, it would now be a 6. Keep that in mind.

Tim Haslam
    Participant

It’s taken a few games to get this into my old skull!

But yes it’s nice and clear now, thanks

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.