Why I don’t often buy from Warlord Games
June 13, 2020 at 1:20 pm #179130Nigel HeatherParticipant
This is not a complaint, not asking anything, just some feedback about why I rarely buy from Warlord Games these days.
I really like Warlord games stuff, have a load of the books, quite a few starter sets and a fair bit of bolt action, but very little of it has been bought from Warlord Games, why is that?
1) It is cheaper elsewhere. I have never understood this if I am honest, how is a reseller able to sell significantly cheaper (20%) than the manufacturer? I have bought from Warlord Games in the past but mostly in the days when they used to run regular discounts or free postage offers.
2) The free postage threshold is too high. Again not only can I buy from resellers cheaper but their free postage usually kicks in well before Warlord Games
3) The simplified postage doesn’t work for me. In spite of the above there are times when I would like something, decided I’m prepared to buy from Warlord only to get put off when I reach checkout. I have reached the stage where I have the bulk of what I need so I don’t have occasion for a big order that is going to qualify for free posting. Quite the opposite, I have lots of small needs, for example a decal sheet for my German motorcycle and side car, or some soviet tank crew. I would buy either of these like a shot …. but, £3.50 decals, £5.00 p&p or £6.00 tank crew, £5.00 p&p. It seems disproportionate so I either don’t bother or look elsewhere. The answer you may say is to collect up all these little items into a big order, but I’m afraid that is not my nature, if I want something I don’t want to wait – if fact the longer I wait the more likely I will decide to do without.
Nigel2+June 13, 2020 at 2:47 pm #179135Carl E. CorradoParticipant
It’s not that I don’t buy from Warlord direct, as I have in the past. I prefer to buy from my local wargaming hobby shop to help support them and the overall local wargaming community in general. No shop; no gamming, at least that’s my thoughts.
Carl2+June 13, 2020 at 7:19 pm #179137Nigel HeatherParticipant
I would love a local hobby shop, I’d much prefer to pop in and buy stuff as I need it but there is literally nothing near me. Not sure where you are from but in the UK model shops are very few and far between, I always hunt them out whenever I visit different towns and cities but usually if I do manage to find one the stock is very limited and I’ve certainly never seen one carrying Warlord Games products.
There are some big hobby shops but they also tend to be the bigger name online stores. If you are lucky enough to live close to them then great otherwise it is online ordering.
Really annoying when all you want is one bottle of paint for a particular project.
I’d have no qualms paying Warlord Game RRP if it meant I could get them from a local shop.
1+June 14, 2020 at 9:27 pm #179139Rough RiderParticipant
- This reply was modified 4 months, 2 weeks ago by Nigel Heather.
I used to order more from Warlord directly- not many options “locally”, ie. within 3 hours drive- but as I have pretty much everything I want from Warlord and with the CDN dollars adjusted prices a smidge high I am less inclined to make purchases through the webstore. I look at retailers here in Canada or shop second hand first; if nothing is available and I really must have it then I make the order. Service is always excellent, and I never have to wait long. Not something I can say consistently about other retailers.1+June 18, 2020 at 1:37 am #179195CraigKeymaster
Thankyou for your message Nigel, it has been passed on higher in the chain at Warlord and will be looked at.
We should also do everything we can to support local shops and gaming stores if we can, these are extremely important.1+July 3, 2020 at 12:39 pm #179637Dirk K.Participant
Simple reason is, that in the last month (also before C19) there were no interesting thing released. No Dr. Who, Bolt Action is becoming boring with always copying themself, no new books for HC or BP. The stuff from GoA is also going to a sleeping level. So I wait and hope…1+July 10, 2020 at 11:35 am #179847CraigKeymaster
There are new things on the way, unfortunately C19 has had a big impact.1+
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.