Tank scale

Tagged: 

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    MrPieChee
    Participant

Hi all,

I’ve just put together a T7 transport and the scale looks wrong. The troop compartment looks like it wouldn’t even fit 5 troops, let alone 10. The box says it comes with a plasma light support, but the gun in the kit is the size of a plasma carbine…

My guess is that when the digital design was done, it was too big/expensive to do with the sprue size available so was drastically scaled down…

The Algoryn defiant looks even worse for troop capacity from the picture, but it hard to tell for sure.

How out of scale are other tank options? Is there another reason behind the seemingly off scale?

Jan Rudolph
    Participant

Hi MrPieChee,

you have to remind that there is compression technology all over the place. So equipment is compacted to zero-space within seconds.
    Sure it looks a bit small but “real” size would be much larger.

If have a closer look at the CS407 you will see that the twin-linked plasma carbines are even smaller. This could come from stronger power sources inside the vehicle. (Thats why the CS407 suffers so heavy on plasma fade)

Cheers

Jan

MrPieChee
    Participant

But compression tech doesn’t work on biological matter, so wouldn’t work for transport capacity.

I did consider a better power source for the PLS, but thought I’d ask the question anyway.

I guess the transport pod could compress when not being used, and that is how the model is?

Jan Rudolph
    Participant

You are right MrPieChee this technology doesn’t work on living matter but if you compare the T7 to other vehicles (like a SdKfz 251 or a M3 half track) the T7 is larger with same transport capacity.
    I can send you pictures if you like.

Jan Rudolph
    Participant

Hi MrPieChee,

here are some pictures from the studio. They are 1:1. As you can see there is even more space in the T7 than in the SdKfz 251.
    Compactor technology is even able to compact personal armour under combat situation (thanks to fully suspensored nanites). Quite comfortable if you ask me.

Tim Bancroft
    Keymaster

This may help: How Roomy is a C3T7?

MrPieChee
    Participant

Ooo, that’s an interesting article.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.