Status of Doctor Who Range?

Home Forums Science Fiction & Fantasy Doctor Who Status of Doctor Who Range?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Jeff Brewer
    Participant

Dear Warlord Games,

I love the Doctor Who miniatures I have purchased from you.  For the majority, they capture the feel of the show, and are good representations of the actors who portray the characters, where applicable.

That said, it has been some time since new figures were introduced in this range, despite previews being presented of new figures for the line.

As fans of the classic show, we are used to cancellations, hiatus, etc, but even the BBC were upfront when the show “went into hiatus”.  It sounded like a euphemism for “cancellation”, back then, but the show did come back, stronger than ever, with NuWho.

I, and many others, would like to know if there are going to be any future new releases for the Doctor Who line, or if you have ceased to support this IP.  We would also appreciate an update on your licence status, from the BBC.

Basically, we would appreciate it if you would let us know the future of this line.  Has it been cancelled?  Will you continue to sell your existing products?  Will you produce more of existing products, when stocks run out.

if the line is, indeed, dead, please let us know.  Additionally, please allow us the opportunity to complete our collections, before removing the line from the store, if it is dead.

Thank you for your time,

Jeff Brewer

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Jeff,

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but as you’ve probably realized by now, Warlord doesn’t actually answer questions here on the forum.

Perhaps folks who play Warlord’s historical army games get more luck, but those of us who play Doctor Who/2000 AD games are usually ignored on here. If you really want an answer to your question, I would recommend emailing them directly and you might get lucky. The forum for our games of choice is unfortunately dead.

Hope that helps and that you get an answer soon!

Best.

Findo
    Participant

Usually you can get more of a response from the various Facebook/Twitter/Instagram groups.  Not sure if there is one showcasing the good Doctor.

Edit: https://www.facebook.com/groups/doctorwhotimevortex/

bad tidings:

Alan Hunting
    Afternoon peeps, as some of you are aware we are now all sold out of the Maximum Extermination set (the molds have now been destroyed) I may be able to secure a few sets for RRP plus postage, would anyone be interested in a set?
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.