Sprinting Forced Acc Re-Rolls

Home Forums Science Fiction & Fantasy Warlords of Erehwon Sprinting Forced Acc Re-Rolls

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    jimfralick
    Participant

P29/36 if a unit is given a charge (run order) and declares a sprint to contact for close combat but does not go sprint distance before combat (i.e.run distance or less), makes contact and rolls Agility for exhaustion, will it still benefit from the forced Acc re-roll for shots against sprinting targets? I ask because a charge requires a run order but the distance can be as little as 1 inch. Is it the sprint order with potential consequence of exhaustion that gives the Acc benefit or is the sprint distance essential also?

Mark Lewis
    Participant

We have played it that there is no minimum distance for a sprint, as none is mentioned in the rules.

AbsoluteZero
    Participant

Yeah unfortunately there is no minimum sprint distance so if you are two inches away from the enemy. You can sprint into them and they have to reroll those hits. There is the chance though you fail the test and take a pin from exhaustion AND end up getting hit by the exchange of missiles also. Resulting in two pins instead of just one from being shot. May be a good strat though if you are worried about winning in hand-to-hand or have a low armor unit.

jimfralick
    Participant

Yes, Rick Priestly has advised me directly that the forced Acc re-roll is triggered by a sprint to contact regardless of the distance moved during the charge.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.