SPQR

Home Forums General Discussion SPQR

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Tokhuah
    Participant

When I heard Warlord was planning to release an Ancients skirmish game I was very interested. We finally received information as well as pre-orders today. The only thing holding me back is the model count for the Celts included in the starter because it is listed as 93. Based on that model count it does not seem to really be a warband skirmish game so it would be great to have some additional information. It doesn’t matter to me if the Romans have 17 if other armies are maxing out north of 50. I am actually shocked that Warlord would announce a pre-order with no information to back it up.

Edward Green
    Participant

I just discovered the pre-order for SPQR tonight. I also agree with Tokhuah above that there is little information about the nature of the “warband” ancients. I do hope that the campaign system is good. It would make sense that this will be the skirmish rules that have been developed throughout Hail Caesar’s lifespan via Dacian, Shieldwall, and now the new Bronze era supplements. Nonetheless I am excited.

Specifically, I think I’m going to pick up the starter set and add a few characters in order to paint up a Servile war/Spartacus themed set. The description does state the we are getting some Marian Romans. In fact, I think I’m going to add Pullo & Verenus, Pompey & Marcus Crassus, and Myrmillo gladiator to my order. Overall I’m excited for this new expansion.

What other ideas do folks have for eras/themes with this new skirmish level ancients game?

Tokhuah
    Participant

Thank you for the comments. Your explanation about how this was developed increases my consumer confidence. I also noticed that the number of models and price dropped.

When it comes to ancients I am always going to lobby for Mauryan Empire Indian Army. Looking forward the Greeks in general.

George Lamb
    Participant

Hey folks,

The Official Facebook group for SPQR is now live! You can join it at facebook.com/groups/warlordgamesspqr.

Richard Coates
    Participant

There is also now a forum in the historical section here dedicated to SPQR, so any questions you have can be asked there: https://www.warlordgames.com/community/forum/historical/spqr/

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.