SPQR is…

Home Forums Historical SPQR SPQR is…

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Tokhuah
    Participant

…a warband skirmish ancients game. Will Elephants be legal? Warlord has some nice models but no info regarding SPQR. Random thoughts for random bots…

Richard Coates
    Participant

Now the Facebook Group and Forum are live you can expect more information coming from us, and questions answered. Yes, Elephants will be legal. 🙂

Tokhuah
    Participant

Your response makes my day!

One suggestion: Warlord should set up a BoardGameGeek page to possibly generate some additional buzz.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 10 months ago by Tokhuah.
    Richard Coates
    Participant

That’s a good idea, I’ll pass that on to the relevant person.

Dan
    Participant

will we be seeing chariots? Looking at Persians in particular 🙂

Richard Coates
    Participant

Some factions will have access to chariots – the Britons particularly. Not so sure about the Persians though…

Tokhuah
    Participant

I decided lend a hand and set up the SPQR page on BGG. It is like a wiki so feel free to spruce it up.

SPQR: Warband Combat in the Ancient World

• This reply was modified 4 years, 9 months ago by Tokhuah.
    Mark
    Participant

Will we see a card pack released?

Brutus74
    Participant

An awesome game, set during the time of the great empires of the Mediterranean (but not the Egyptians as they are hiding)
    Why did Egypt get overlooked? Or is there a very large Egypt/Nth Africa expansion planned? (Hint hint)

Richard Coates
    Participant

@Brutus74 There are numerous such empires in many different periods and the book is primarily army lists and army-specific scenarios as it is! You probably can’t get away with using the Macedonia list as Ptolemaic Egypt, but hopefully we’ll get to all these other armies at some point. If you’re thinking of New Kingdom Egypt or earlier, you might want to checkout the Bronze Age book for Hail Caesar, which does have a skirmish system for that period.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.